Senior Project Manager, Workshop Development and Operations
Who is TPC?
At The Presentation Company (TPC), we believe a lot of talented businesspeople are unable to move their careers forward because they don’t know how to communicate strategically. Instead, they lead with facts, data, and lots of bullet points. In 2001, we set out to change this by developing award-winning training programs that help Fortune 500 companies wrap their ideas and data into compelling visual narratives. Today we help some of the world’s top brands like McDonald’s, Google, Marriott, Discover, and Nestlé elevate the way they communicate critical information both internally and externally.
Why work at TPC?
If you’re inspired by working with smart, passionate people who are driven by each other’s success, this might be your next ideal job. We move fast, so prioritization is key, and we have fun in the process! We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, demonstrates excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and has an entrepreneurial mindset. Strategic thinking and a point of view are welcomed in our culture. Our clients love us because we deliver on our promises, value their partnerships, and approach everything we do in a refreshingly authentic way.
What this role entails…
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to partner with our internal team to plan and manage execution of our workshop development and workshop operations projects. This is a work-from-home position, however applicants must live within Portland, OR or the metropolitan/surrounding area in order to be considered. In-person staff meetings are required 2-3 times a month.
Does this describe you?
- 5 - 7 years’ experience working with teams to oversee project plans and execution
- Delivers on deadlines while managing multiple priorities quickly
- A personable, clear, and confident communicator; tailors communications to the audience and maintains professionalism
- Accountable and proactive; approaches work with optimism, enthusiasm, and commitment to meeting the needs of clients and colleagues
- Well-organized, resourceful, and detail oriented
- A “planner” for everything from the big picture to the fine details
- Demonstrated success assessing risks, developing contingency plans, and managing them to resolution
- Oversee holistic workshop-related programs with continuous awareness of dependencies and impacts across the portfolio, consisting of multiple simultaneous small-scale training development and creative projects; provides recommendations for project prioritization and resource allocation
- Manage TPC’s Workshop Development and Workshop Operations projects, working with internal teams to plan programs and projects; ensuring all necessary tasks and resources are built into project plans, and that projects remain on track for delivery
- Manage TPC’s custom design and workshop materials projects, working with key clients and graphic design vendors to guide projects from kickoff to completion according to requirements, ensuring projects remain on track, on budget, and are impeccably delivered
- Coordinate digital workshop development and delivery with project oversight and execution (such as pulling metrics, creating reports, and tracking system updates for content and other workshop impacts)
- Coordinate trainer readiness and train-the-trainer projects supporting the Director of Training Development and Delivery (creating project plans and managing tasks to completion)
- Analyze, identify, and improve processes in partnership with key team members
- Identify and track issues and risks across all programs and projects, communicate impacts and decisions to appropriate parties, collaborate on solutions, guide to resolution
- Report program and project status weekly to leadership and in staff meetings
Sales and Marketing Interface
- Partner with marketing lead to manage delivery of workshop team’s contribution to marketing and sales enablement projects
- Maintain client brand knowledge and materials that impact TPC workshops and supporting assets, along with ongoing quality check of these assets
- Manage internal team events as needed, including coordinating agendas, location, equipment, invitations, and other meeting logistics
- Oversee archives, file structure, and project software, primarily in Box and Wrike Coordinate productivity tools and IT logistics for team members and contractors
- 5 – 7 years’ project management-related work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Technical proficiency delivering virtual meetings using tools like Skype for Business, Zoom, and WebEx
- Wrike or similar project management tool experience
- Box, Dropbox, or other file management and organization experience
- Desired: Experience working on training and/or creative projects
TPC is committed to a diverse work environment and is proud to be a woman-owned business and equal opportunity employer.
A primary duty of this position is to feel comfortable with making decisions, since you will have the authority to make independent decisions free from immediate direction or supervision, on matters of significance related to the policies and general business operations.